TQC AUTOMATIC FILM APPLICATOR COMPACT
The AFA Compact is an entry level film applicator that accepts charts up to A4 size.
The AFA Compact is an entry level film applicator that accepts charts up to A4 size. Application speed can be set from 1 to 150 mm/s. The Compact is suitable for both wire wound rod applicators and block applicators. Operating is easy through the standard TQC operating interface. The AFA Compact is available with a glass bed of a perforated vacuum bed.
Standards: ASTM D823
Where To Apply?
Research & DevelopentPaint research & development laboratories use compact film applicators to produce consistent test-charts for research after different formulations. Parameters such as opacity, spreading rate , colour and hiding power etc. needs to evaluated at controlled film thickness.
DefineManufacturers of raw materials for the paint & coating industry such as binders, pigments, additives, colourants, solvents and resins need reproducible sample charts in order to define the effect of their products in a paint formulation in their R&D laboratory.
Research & DevelopentThe industry is anxiously searching for better and environmental friendly batteries. Thin film technology plays and important role in this research. Automatic film applicators are used by these laboratories to apply thin films such as electrolyte of thin metal sheets.
Create reproducible samplesCreate reproducible samples measure the properties of cosmetics and skincare products such as hardness, break strength, consistency , compaction strength, hiding power and opacity, spread ability, stickiness , drying and curing time, colour, gloss etc..
ManufacturersBoth in R&D and QC of the adhesive industry test samples with an accurate film thickness are crucial in order to define and guarantee the functionality and strength of the adhesive materials.
- Traverse Speed: 1 – 150 mm/s / 0.03 – 5.90 inch/s
- Traverse Speed Accuracy: < 1%
- Stroke Length: 50 – 415 mm / 1.97 – 16.34 in
- Stroke Length Accuracy: 250 mm / 9.84 in
- Max. Test Chart Size: DIN A4
- Max. Test Substrate Thickness: 8 mm / 0,31 inch
- Max. Size of Panel: 300x200x8 mm / 11.81×7.87×0.31 in
- Max. Height Film Applicators: 40 mm / 1.57 in
- Min. Wire Bar Length: >220 mm / >8.66 inch
- Wire Bar Diameter: 6 – 12,7 mm / 0.23 – 0.5 inch
- Volume Drip Pan: 30 ml
- Min. Vacuum: -100 mbar
- Vacuum Holes Diameter: 1,3 mm / 0.05 in
- Vacuum Bed Holes Distance: 22 mm / 0.86 in
- Number of Holes in Vacuum Bed: 117
- Vacuum Connection: 6 mm / 0.23 inch Quick Connect
- Dimensions: 335x400x190 mm / 13.18×15.74×7.48 in
- Mass: 12,5 kg / 27.55 lbs
- Power: 110 – 240VAC / 50 – 60Hz
- Power Consumption: Maks. 40 Watt
- Display: 128 x 64 pixels graphical LCD, 70 mm x 40 mm, white illuminated, heated
- Languages: English